Team Captain Responsibilities
- Wear your green wristband to be able to go onto the court.
- Review the Dodgeball Rules with all players of his/her team.
- Remind your players/parents or guardians that this is not a drop off event. Everyone should come to cheer on the teams and watch their friends, family members and teachers play. It costs $5 per person for spectators.
- Escort your team to the court and stay with the team while they play. Teams will not be allowed to play without their team captain present.
- Only one team captain/coach per team.
- Represent the team if there are any issues.
- Manage players who were eliminated and get to go back in when their team catches the ball (this is done in the order the players were eliminated, first eliminated player returns first). Eliminated players form a line alongside the fencing in order of elimination.
- Monitor your players and honor the rules… if you see someone on your team get hit and the referee misses the play ask that player to exit the court.
- Keep your team together and cheer on other teams from the stands!
- All teams and spectators must be sitting in the stands, no one is allowed to stand around the court fencing.
- Distribute the contents in the team bag to your team before the Dodgeball Tournament. The bag includes t-shirts for each player, wristbands for all players/team captain (allows for free entry into the event as well as being able to be on the gym courts during the games), dodgeball Rules (give one to each player/guardian on the team), bracket (listing your starting time, court number/gym location, and blank bracket to follow your team's progress through the tournament).